The Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service’s (TEEX) Mobile Outreach Skills Training (M.O.S.T.®) program, based in Texas, is recognized for its innovative, affordable fast track guaranteed job opportunity welding training program. There is no other program in the U.S. that trains people in four weeks with the skills needed by companies that have immediate guaranteed job opportunities for entry and intermediate skilled welders if the candidate successfully completes all program requirements. If the company does not offer the candidate a job upon successful program completion, there is no cost of training to the candidate. There is no other welding training program that can provide this guarantee.
Because of the significant need for hundreds of thousands of welders, we have built of network of companies that offer our trainees’ entry and intermediate level welding jobs upon successful program graduation. Welding offers graduates long-term careers with high income potential. The significant growth in the energy production sector and at manufacturing companies has created a need to hire over 200,000 welders nationwide, with a significant concentration of these positions in the southern U.S.
The TEEX M.O.S.T.® program is different from any other job training program because:
- We identify and guarantee job opportunities before the job training begins – each person has an immediate job if they pass the criteria of the program.
- If a student is not offered a guaranteed job upon graduation, there is no charge to the student for the training program.
- Each training class is customized to meet the hiring company’s needs – which ensures that the new hire will be successful from “Day One”.
- Our focus is training people who want a career in welding.
- M.O.S.T.® classrooms are mobile – our certified instructors teach welding in modern classroom trailers that are placed at the hiring company. Approximately ½ of the training is in the mobile classroom and ½ of the training is in a production (welding) setting.
- Class sizes are small to make sure each new employee has time to learn and interact with the instructors and has enough time to practice welding in order to pass required tests and become certified.
- M.O.S.T.® helps each new employee through all aspects of the hiring process, including the interview process and financial application process.
- M.O.S.T.® works with the hiring company to design on-the-job training so the new employee’s education and skills continue to develop.
- M.O.S.T.® works with leading financial institutions so each student can apply and receive a flexible interest loan to pay for his or her training.
Where We Work and How We Train
Our training programs have been delivered throughout Texas. We work with medium and large companies that need to hire now and in the future. All of our welding training programs are taught on our modern, mobile training vehicles, which are placed at the hiring company so each student can get to know their future employer during training. Approximately one half of the training is classroom instruction taught by certified instructors who use modern welding simulation machines so students can have many hours of welding practice time. The second one half of training is real welding in the hiring company’s welding shop.
- We work only with companies that guarantee immediate jobs.
- We recruit, screen and interview every candidate.
- We do the necessary background checks, drug tests and manual dexterity tests.
- Each program is customized to make sure each new welder can pass all welding tests.
- Our program is four weeks long – no other program can train this quickly.
- We assist each person in identifying how to pay his/her share of the training cost.
- Our retention (stay on the job) rate is the highest in the industry – over 94% of our graduates are still employed after 90 days.